Monday, March 7, 2011

The Celebrity Apprentice (from 3/6)

I've only watched one season of The Celebrity Apprentice - the one with Dennis Rodman, Jesse James, Khloe Kardashian, etc. I don't even remember finishing it but I assume I must have.

The one and ONLY reason I'm watching this season is because of Nene Leakes. I LOVE Nene!!!


Men's Team

David Cassidy - for those who are too young to know who he is, he was on The Partridge Family.

John Rich - apparently a "country music superstar". I don't know country music so I have no clue who he is.

Mark McGrath - he sang that awful, annoying song "I Just Wanna Fly" and is REALLY annoying as the host of Don't Forget the Lyrics.

Richard Hatch - the first winner of Survivor who didn't pay his taxes on his winnings and went to prison for it. Moron.

Jose Canseco - baseball star

Lil Jon - rapper

Meat Loaf - rock and roll "legend". He sings Paradise By the Dashboard Light.

Gary Busey - holy shit I didn't know HE was on it this season! He's an actor and seems absolutely CRAZY. (Click CRAZY to watch a short video of him).
 

Women's Team

Marlee Matlin - Oscar winning actress.

Hope Dworaczyk - Playboy Playmate of the Year

Dionne Warwick - music legend

Star Jones - she used to be on The View and is a former Brooklyn, NY assistant district attorney

Lisa Rinna - the actress with the horrible lips

Nene Leakes - Woot woot!! She's on the Real Housewives of Atlanta and I wish I were her BFF.

Niki Taylor - supermodel

La Toya Jackson - Michael Jackson's sister


First scene - Donald Trump clearly has orange bronzer or foundation on his face and he looks absolutely ridiculous.

I'm so distracted by the orange.

The celebrities go through the charities for which they are playing and Donald announces that it is men versus women this season.

The men are trying to come up with a name for the team. For some reason this is an embarrassing portion of the show for me. I feel bad for people when they suggest stupid names. Of course Gary Busey suggest "Balogna and Dirt" and "Sperm Farmers". Please pick one of those! Damn...they go with "Backbone".  Richard Hatch is the first project manager.

The ladies choose the name ASAP...stands for actors, singers, authors and professionals. They should have gone with Sperm Farmers.  Star Jones is going to be the first project manager for the team.

The names are LAME-O!

The groups are meeting in the boardroom with Orange Trump. Latoya can't remember what the ASAP stand for in their group name. Ugh.

The first challenge is making and selling pizza. Wonderful. Day 1 of my strict diet and I'm watching a show where they are making fucking pizza. For some reason the ladies pick the Theatre District for their location and the men get NYU area. I would think pizza would sell better to college students than to those coming from a show but what do I know? I've only been to NYC 5 or 6 times and I never ate pizza there.

The thing I don't like about the Celebrity Apprentice is that they all call their rich buddies to buy the products for obscene amounts of money. This shouldn't be allowed at all, they should have to sell to normal people at normal prices like a regular business would.

Richard Hatch is an asshole. He is ordering David Cassidy around like he's his bitch in prison and even pushes him out of the way. In the van, John Rich, Gary Busey, Lil Jon and some poor girl who is a graphic designer discuss their marketing strategy. Gary goes crazy talking like a possessed man ordering people to buy pizza.  He is scary!

David Cassidy slices up 2 green peppers and claims that all the toppings are cut and ready! Fabulous. Gary is dressed in a burgundy suit tucked into his sneakers and the crazy is coming out. He takes a handful of pepperonis and puts them in his pocket.

Niki Taylor is the chef for the women's team and I just noticed she has a large tattoo on her forearm and I suddenly like her much better.  Lisa Rinna is a big complainer.  I hope she complained to her plastic surgeon.  Star has some useless posters printed up.   It's not looking good for the ladies in my opinion.  La Toya Jackson and Nene are outside. Of course, I'd come just for Nene but LaToya would scare me away thinking that maybe some of her face melted in the pizza.

Dionne Warwick is working the register and it is like the people are at KMart with an 80 year old cashier who is using her fingers to add and subtract. Some celebrities stop by later in the day but the place looks empty.

At the men's restaurant, Gary is on the sidewalk throwing pepperoni into the air, John Rich is singing and playing guitar and Lil Jon is screaming at everyone.  The guys' team seems to be doing much better. Big donations, lots of traffic and the energy is much more exciting.  A man even pays $15,000 for a slice of pizza.

Ok now some guy comes into the women's place and ordered 40 pizzas at a thousand dollars a piece and they also won the taste test by a chef so they are going to get another $35k for 8 pizzas. Star decides to shut the doors and focus on the deliveries.  (Then they find out they only need to make one pizza for the $40k). They have to make the deliveries on time. They don't make the delivery of the 8 pizzas so they lose out on $35k.

I give up trying to figure out who is going to win.

Gary's trying to get people in by telling them that the pizza won't give them gas. David Cassidy is taking cigar smoke breaks. What the hell is going on? This whole pizza thing is being drawn out WAAAAAAYYYYY TOO LONG! This episode did NOT need to be two hours. I'm starving for pizza but I'm just drinking protein water.

Finally we're in the board room with Orange Trump. No more pizza.

Lisa and Star butt heads but I don't like either of them so I couldn't care less.

Jose Canseco doesn't like Richard and I don't like Jose's hair. It looks like he's wearing a lunch lady hairnet.

Is it weird that I like Lil Jon the best of all of them? I don't like his music but I love his hair and that he's wearing sunglasses inside. So apparently I'm picking my favorites based on physical characteristics (hair and tattoos). How shallow of me!

The mens' team raised $54,104. Right away we know the women won because of that one $40k order! They raised $115,000.

Richard thinks that he was very respectful and doesn't remember pushing David Cassidy out of the way. He admits that he doesn't think Jose is that smart, calls David little, sensitive and delicate. How on earth did Richard win Survivor? I watched that season and he wasn't nice then either.

I think it is silly that they have a little secretary outside the board room to tell the men to go back into the boardroom after Orange discussed who will be fired with his crew.  She pretends to be writing something in a notebook. She probably makes more in these weeks than I do in a year "acting" as a secretary.

Blah blah blah this whining going on with Richard, David and Jose is endless. Orange Trump needs to make a decision because I feel like we're listening to a bunch of cackling hens.

David Cassidy is fired and the "secretary" just made a bunch of money by holding a pencil and waving goodbye.

Please tell me that not all of the episodes are this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind